Tuesday 7 June 2011

Liberal Tourette Syndrome?



A pretty extended, humble, abject and I presume effective apology.  I never heard the original - but I can imagine what it may have been like.  I may have on occasion felt myself capable of a similar outburst.   But I think it's quite interesting that this Republican blog - decided to characterize it as "Liberal Tourette Syndrome" - especially so soon after Glen Beck has exited the stage.  What I find interesting is it does mark a new threshold that seems to be taking over - where once the Liberal/Left was comfortable to behave in this manner - nay almost demanded it - they now wallow in apology and self-abnegation if they dare lose it. Taking the high ground was never easy, but this seems to be the 1st step on that journey.

defn: Liberal Tourette Syndrome -  A philosophical tic exemplified by an uncontrollable urge to blurt obscenities and socially unacceptable, decidedly inappropriate remarks.

No comments:

Fox News Ticker

Apture